The right weapons for the right opponents
Bayonetta’s trademark has always been her four pistols: one on each hand and one on each foot. But the small projectiles are not helpful against every enemy. It is therefore imperative that you the right weapon for the appropriate enemy type.
Bayonetta offers 3 the biggest and wildest weapon selection so far. A total of 15 unlockable weapons can be used in battle. Most of the guns are automatically given to you during the story at Hell’s Gate or at Rodin.
In general, the opponents of a new chapter are very vulnerable to the latest weapons you just got. Tip: Always use the weapons that best suit your style of play.
If you prefer to keep your distance and rake enemies from a safe distance, you should rely on projectile weapons. On the other hand, you whirl rather with the blades around or is into brute and blunt force, uses swords, war fans, yo-yos or hammers.
All weapon locations in Bayonetta 3
The list below tells you where and when you can Weapons in Bayonetta 3 receives:
- Color My World: After completing the prologue
- G pillar: Visit Hell’s Gate from the middle of Chapter 2
- Ignis Araneae Yo-Yo: After completing Chapter 3
- Dead End Express: After completing Chapter 6
- Simon: After completing Chapter 9
- Ribbit Libido BZ55: After completing Chapter 9
- Tartarus: After completing Chapter 11
- Abracadabra: After completing Chapter 12
- Cruel Altea: After completing the main story
- Handguns: After completing the main story
- Alruna: Find all of the Umbran Tears of Blood in Chapter 3 and defeat the Phenomenal Remnant
- Cassiopea: Complete “The Phenomenal Remnant” of Chapter 14
- Rodin: Defeat Rodin after purchasing the Platinum Ticket for 999,999 Seeds
- Scarborough Fair: Unlocks when there is a Bayonetta 1 save
- love is blue Unlocks when there is a Bayonetta 2 save
Call on your demonic friends for help
Bayonetta has been setting standards since the start of series production on demonic assistants. In Bayonetta 3, you can not only request their assistance, but actively take control of the demons. The former is called “Demon Slavery” and the latter “Demon Masked”.
Which demon stands by you how and when depends depends on the selected weapon. Because the pistols, swords and Co. are each connected to a demon. For example, Madama Butterfly can only be brought down with Bayonetta’s magical handguns.
Tip: The demons each have their own strengths and are therefore particularly effective against certain enemy types. Thanks to its size, Gomorra is able to crush entire hordes of enemies, while Gouon carries out devastating combination attacks in his campaign.
But not only in combat is the selection of the demon decisive for the course of the game. Thanks to the new ability “Demon Masked” you turn yourselves into the spawn of hell. The Mictlantecuhtli brothers give Bayonetta the ability to reveal invisible enemies, Malpha’s wings allow you to glide for a short time, and thanks to Gomorrah, you can jump particularly far.