In our guide to the Pirate crew upgrades in Destiny 2 you experience:
- How you get reputation
- Which upgrades are really worthwhile
How do I unlock new pirate crew upgrades?
To unlock the pirate crew upgrades you need reputation. You can earn these every week by completing seasonal challenges. In week 1, for example, these are the two challenges “Successful Expedition” and “Antiquarian 1”. We’ll tell you how to solve the latter challenge in our Destiny 2 Relic Guide.
The best pirate crew upgrades
You only have a limited amount of reputation available each week, so it is important that you have the optimal upgrades unlocked. Towards the end of the season, you can earn enough reputation to get all upgrades.
In the three categories, we particularly recommend the to focus on the following upgrades:
- Hire Skorb-Ut the Servitor: Unlocks Armor Focusing – worth it because Seasonal Armor Focusing mostly yields high stat armor.
- Focused weapon loot: Allows you to decode Umbral Engrams into Season of the Plunder weapons.
- “Double Looted Umbral Energy” card: Unlocks the treasure map of the same name in the Captain’s Atlas, giving you double Umbral Energy at the end of an expedition.
- Bargain armor loot: The first Season of Plunder armor you decode from an Umbral Engram each week costs no Umbral Energy.
- Armor Treasure Map: Unlocks the Focused Raider Armor card in the Captain’s Atlas, which gives you armor in an expedition.
- Weapon Treasure Map: Unlocks the Focused Raider Weapons card in the Captain’s Atlas, which gives you weapons in an expedition.
- Looter’s Bliss: Occasionally earn Umbral Energy in other activities such as strikes, Crucible matches, and more.
- Hire the Skiffblades: You will receive a bonus reward at the end of Ketch Crash and Expedition missions when performing emotes with your crew.
- Floating Debris: Increases the chance of earning Season of the Raiders gear at the end of Ketch Crash missions.
- Magnetic drill: Increases the chance of earning Season of the Raiders gear at the end of Expeditions.
- Hidden Compartment: The first completed Ketch Crash mission of each week grants a Deep Sight Resonance weapon.
- Accurate cartography: Increases the looted Umbral Energy found through Treasure Maps.
More guides to Destiny 2:
Visit us on Facebook and Instagram and discuss your favorite games with us!