What is the problem?
FIFA 23 Early Access has launched and player complaints are piling up an error on the PC. This ensures that the game does not even start.
The source of the error is the in-house anti-cheat tool. This starts to load and then displays an “Error 404”. After that, the program will close and it is recommended to restart FIFA 23. But even restarting the football simulation or the computer still leads to the problem mentioned.
This is how you solve the error
EA itself is aware of the issue and has communicated that the error was solved as quickly as possible via an update shall be. So that you don’t have to wait until the next patch, the publisher has provided the following solution:
- Press the Windows key and type “cmd”. Starts the command prompt as an administrator.
- Now copy the following text, paste it into the command line and then confirm with Enter:sc sdset eaanticheatservice D:(A;;CCLCRPWPCRSDRC;;;WD)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;; BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD
- The following message should then appear after a second: “SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS” or “SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS”
Now the game should be up without problems start.
What to do if that didn’t help?
If changing the program line doesn’t have the desired effect, you’re stuck not many options left.
Another possibility would be uninstall the anti-cheat tool. Look for the appropriate folder (by default C:Programs (x86)EAAC) and uninstall the program. After that, you should start Origin as Administrator, which will cause the client to reinstall EAAC.
Should you make the mistake “Secure Boot is not enabled” you have to activate TPM 2.0. The module is installed on your mainboard and is started via BIOS. You do this as follows:
- Start your BIOS when booting the computer using the DEL key or one of the F keys.
- Looks for the Security, Platform Security, or Security Chip menu in the BIOS.
- If your device has a TPM module, you can activate it here.
- Exits BIOS with save.
This bug mainly occurs in combination with Windows 11 on.
The last option you have is to wait and hope EA quickly released a patchwhich fixes the anti-cheat tool.