In this Fortissax Boss Guide to Elden Ring you experience:
- Where to find Light Dragon Fortissax
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the boss
- How to defeat him and…
- …what rewards you get for it
Light Dragon Fortissax is one of the optional bosses in Elden Ring. You will only meet him if you arrive beforehand reveal hidden underground area and solves an extensive quest. We’ll guide you through the boss fight.
Light Dragon Fortissax: How to find the secret boss
In order to be able to face the boss “Light Dragon Fortissax” in Elden Ring, you have to play the quest for Fia (Guide) to the end. Your path leads to Root Furt, a section in the hidden area “Depths of Deeproot”.
In the boss arena there you step first against fias heroes and get an important item for the companion on the deathbed. Fia then falls into a deep sleep. Enter her dream and fight the light dragon Fortissax.
This is how you reach the depths of Deeproot
There are two paths to the hidden area Deeproot Depths. Both times you have to face powerful bosseseach of which gives you an Elden Ring Trophy (Guide).
- About the aqueduct at the Siofra: You can find the way in our quest guide to Fia. You must eliminate the Brave Gargoyles (Guide) before you can enter the Depths of the Deeproot.
- About the Reserve of Shame: In our quest guide to Hyetta we describe the way through the sewers under the royal capital Leyndell. You reach the hidden area “Outlawing the Raging Flame”, but you have to do it before Boss Mohg, the Mark (Guide).
Have you reached the area “Outlaw the Raging Flame” must open a secret passage for her. Hit the wall next to Hyetta. You’ll find a treasure chest with a rune bow behind it. Also hit the wall behind the chest and you will reach the root cliffs. The path over the huge tendrils leads into the depths of the deep root.
Light Dragon Fortissax: Boss Strengths and Weaknesses
Light Dragon Fortissax’s major weakness is its head. If you hit him there, you will deal more damage to him than attacks on his legs or body. A tried and tested means to break his stance, so are jump attacks to the head. You cannot parry his attacks. The best choices are weapons that deal physical piercing damage.
Fortissax has low to medium resistances to standard, slash, and slash damage, as well as magic and fire. Holy and lightning damage hardly affect him. He is immune to sleep, madness and death plague. However, you can easily inflict the poison, scarlet rot, bleeding and frost status effects on the dragon.
Types of damage from Fortissax and how to protect against them
Light Dragon Fortissax has a deadly arsenal. It deals standard physical damage with its paws, head, and tail. Fortissax can infect you with Death Plague or cast Lightning and Fire damage.
You should have the following items with you:
- Rejuvenating Boluses: Alleviate burden of Death Plague
- Fireproof Dehydrated Liver: Increases resistance to fire damage for a short time
- Lightning-Proof Dehydrated Liver: Briefly increases resistance to lightning damage
Equip the Lightning Dragon +2 Charm and the Flame Dragon +2 Charm. In order to increases your resistance to lightning and fire. You can read the localities in our boss guide to Dragonlord Placidusax. The Legendary Elden Ring Talisman (Guide) Dragon Greatshield Talisman is also helpful. This means you take less physical damage.
Wireless high-fidelity gaming sound
No delays thanks to ultra-fast audio technology
NACON NACON RIG 800 HS V2, Over-ear Gaming Headset Black Gaming Headset, Black
Light Dragon Fortissax: How to defeat the secret boss
Light Dragon Fortissax always begins combat with a mighty shout. He triggers many small lightning bolts that are distributed in the boss arena and toxic fog clouds trigger. If you touch them, you will slowly become infected with death plague. If the bar is full, you die immediately.
Sprint towards the boss in slalom and hit him with a bis two of your strongest attacks. Fortissax repeats this shout several times, always giving you good opportunities to attack.
If he starts lashing out at you with his paws, dodge the first punch forward and try to get among the dragons. Deal a few punches to his legs and watch out for stomp attacks and his tail.
Dodge Fortissax’s lightning and fire attacks
If you stay close to Fortissax for too long, he’ll hit his paws covered in lightning one by one on the ground. Evades and immediately counters. You have a few seconds to fire up the dragon.
Summons Fortissax red lightning sword, waiting for him to ram it into the ground. There is a lightning wave that sloshes towards you. Dive right through and hit the dragon with it. He spits fire, running away to the side as soon as his mouth starts to blaze.
Occasionally the dragon “infects” you with a kind of lightning effect. Your character will surrounded by red flickering mini lightning bolts, which will eventually explode if you don’t get rid of them. Dodge until the lightning bolts fall off you.
Light Dragon Fortssax: Attacks from the air
If the light dragon Fortissax rises into the air, three different attacks can follow:
- Fortissax rises into the air without lightning: He waits for a moment and then quickly sails down on you. Dodge to the side just before he hits you and give him a few punches after landing.
- Fortissax begins to breathe fire: Run away to the side as quickly as possible.
- Fortissax summons a red glowing Lightning Sword or two: He glides, spinning his weapons through the air, unleashing multiple shockwaves that deal lightning damage. Try to run as far away as possible and raise the shield. Dodging is an option, but requires perfect timing and skill.
Light Dragon Fortissax: Boss reward
Light Dragon Fortissax earns you a bronze trophy. You get 90,000 Runes and the Light Dragon’s Echo. After the fight, you can find the Death Prince’s Healing Rune on Fia’s body, which you can use to unlock one of the alternative endings in the Elden Ring (Guide). If you return to Fia’s body again, you will find the hood and robe of the deathbed attendant.
More Elden Ring guides:
Visit us Facebook and Instagram and discuss your favorite games with us.