In this Quest Guide to “Song of the Sands” in God of War Ragnarok you experience:
- How to start the Song of the Sands favor
- How you destroy the stick substances
- How to loosen the bonds of Hafgufa and…
- … freed the creature
The Song of the Sands favor reunites the two captured Hafgufas in God of War Ragnarök. You have to go through one Cave full of mysteries, Lichtalben and Grimm before finally being rewarded with the silver trophy “Gufa total”. In this guide we will take you through the quest.
The Song of the Sands: How to start the quest
In order to start the Song of the Sands favor, you must have the Main quest “The Reckoning” in Vanaheim and have completed the Mystery of the Sands (Quest Guide) favor in Alfheim. You also need Freya as a companion.
When you’re ready, return with Freya to Alfheim in the optional area “The Wasteland”. You can find one in the northwest of the area Portal that you can open with Freya’s help. After a short sleigh ride, you will reach the secret region “The Forbidden Sands” and the “Song of the Sands” favor will begin.
That’s how it plays right
With OLED display for perfect black
LG OLED55B29LA OLED TV (Flat, 55 inches / 139 cm, UHD 4K, SMART TV, webOS 22 with LG ThinQ)
Song of the Sands: Find Hafgufa Cave “The Burrows”.
A desert storm is raging in the Forbidden Sands, just as it was in the Wasteland, severely reducing visibility. Run northwest through the desert until you reach a mountain. Orient yourself to the glowing red stick substance, which is behind a lattice. South of it you’ll find the entrance, dimly lit by a few torches. Climb down the cave and destroy the Soundstones with Freya’s Sonic Arrows to reveal the entrance.
In the cave you will encounter two new types of stick substance:
- Sound-sensitive stick substance can be opened with a sonic arrow. It usually uncovers twilight or chime stones for a brief moment.
- Massive stick substance can only be blasted using a Dawnstone. Once you find a Dawnstone nearby, you need to find the right angle to throw the Leviathan Ax in and ricochet off the stick substance.
Solve first stick substance puzzle
Swing over the right gorge and climb down the rock face. At the fork in the road you can Open stick substance on the left with a sonic dart and destroy the Sound Stones behind it. The way is clear. Use the Chaos Blades to swing along the anchor points until you reach the next stick substance. In front of it is a twilight stone. Hurl the Leviathan Ax into the stone to make it bounce and destroy the stick substance.
Second stick substance puzzle – solution
After a few fiends, Grimm and Alben of Light, you continue through a gap in the wall. You reach a massive stock substance. To the left of it you can see a sound-sensitive stick substance that you can open with a sonic arrow. She reveals a Dawnstone for a brief moment. Hurls the Leviathan Ax at the stone and the ricochet destroys the massive stick substance.
The Song of the Sands: Unchain the Hafgufa
Another fight against Grimm and Lichtalben follows. Eliminate the attackers and climb up the cliff face to the south-west. On the other side, the way is blocked by three stick substances, as you know them from the first Hafgufa cave. Jump down the cliff and throw the Leviathan Ax at an angle where you hit all three substances in a row. You are now standing in front of the bound Hafgufa.
Proceed as follows to untie the shackles:
- Hurl the Leviathan Ax through the two stick substances to the north-west to loosen the first Hafgufa Shackle.
- Hurl the Leviathan Ax into the Dawnstone to the southwest. The ricochet shatters the massive stick substance, exposing an anchor point for the Chaos Blades.
- Face west and shoot a sonic dart into the sound-sensitive stick substance. It opens briefly, revealing a Dawnstone. Hurl the ax in and the ricochet will destroy the stick substances of the second Hafgufa Shackle.
- Face north and hurl the Leviathan Ax through the stick substances to release the third Hafgufa Shackle.
Open the stick cage and complete the favor
Follow Freya into the uncovered chamber and slay the Bergsra and Grimm. As a reward you can have one loot legendary chest and the “Nemean Smash” (heavy rune attack for the Blades of Chaos) with you. Climb up the rock wall. You land again in front of a massive stick substance. Hurl the ax into the Dawnstone to the south to destroy it and use the Chaos Blades on the exposed anchor point.
On the next level turn the pendulum to the right twice with the Leviathan axe. Then you throw the ax on the twilight stone to the left and it pierces the massive stick substance. Climb back up the exposed anchor points. After a fight against a Light Alb warrior you reach the surface. Take the sled, head west and free the second Hafgufa with an ax on the glowing red growth.
More God of War Ragnarok Guides:
Visit us Facebook and Instagram and discuss your favorite games with us.