In this Mod Guide to Metal: Hellsinger you will learn:
- What mods are available for Metal: Hellsinger
- How to add your own music to the game
If you love the music in Metal: Hellsinger but don’t know what songs and artists are in the game, just check out our guide to all the songs and artists!
Mods in Metal: Hellsinger: Demons slice to hip-hop or classical
In the rhythm shooter Metal: Hellsinger, playing to the beat of the music is a requirement to be truly successful. If you don’t like the metal anthems that come with the game, you can own music integrate into the shooter. It’s a lot of fun knocking down nasty demons to the soft beats of jazz or blues. Of course, you can also simply bring other metal songs into play.
Other mods are so far (Status: 06.10.2022) not at the start – so this is primarily about modifying the game with your own music.
What programs do I need to mod Metal: Hellsinger?
In order for your songs to play optimally in Metal: Hellsinger and for you to be able to play with the meter and the multipliers, you first have to put them in a external music program edit: FMOD Studio. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Create an account on the fmod.com website.
- Find version 2.00.08 of the program “FMOD Studio” under “Older” and download it.
- Installs the program.
Then you still need the Metal: Hellsinger mod package, which contains all the data you need to add your own songs. Follow the link, download the package and unpack it somewhere on your PC.
Integrate your songs optimally into Metal: Hellsinger
In order to import your own songs into Metal: Hellsinger, you need them as WAV files if possible. Also very important: Your song has to be a a fixed, constant pace (more precisely: a fixed number of beats per minute, BPM for short). This is the only way Metal: Hellsinger can play the song correctly in the game. If the tempo of the song changes in between, it is unsuitable for the game. You can find out the BPM of your song using the SongBPM.com database, for example. Make a note of the BPM of your track so you can record it later in FMOD Studio.
If you have the song, mod package and FMOD Studio together, proceed as follows:
- To get started, you must first Open FMOD Studio and under the menu item “File” select the option “Open Project” and open the file “MetalFMODProject.fspro” from the mod package. Alternatively, you can also simply start said file from the mod package folder.
- On the left side of the program you can see the tabs “Events”, “Bank” and “Assets”. goes to “Events“.
- There you will find the different folders of the project. Open “Music” and then the file “NoTiersExampleSong“. This is the title that allows you to insert your own music into the game.
- In the opened file you will see four tracks: “Logic Tracks”, “Tier 1” and “Audio 1” as well as “Master”. Deletes the audio track in “animal 1‘ and drag-and-drop your song file to this location.
- In “Logic Tracks” you will find the track “intro‘ which you adapt to the length of the song in the lower audio track. To do this, simply drag the track smaller while holding down the mouse button. You also enter your BPM number in the small blue field above the intro after the equals sign.
- Returns to the parent menu on the left. Open the folder thereBeatTrack‘ which is located directly under the ‘Music’ folder. Grab the file that matches your song’s BPM number. Add it to “Audio 1” and stretch the file to the length of your song.
- Go back to the left menu. At the top, right next to the “Events” tab, is the “Banks” tab. Click on it and choose “NoTiersExampleSongBank” out. Right-click on the file to open the menu. There you select “Build”.
- Go to the mod folder, grab the two files there”customsongs.json” such as “NoTiersExampleSongBank.bank” and copy it to the “StreamingAssets” folder in the Metal: Hellsinger game directory.
- Right-click to open the “customsongs.json” file in a text editor. There you will see different entries.
- give under”levels” the name of the level of Metal: Hellsinger you want to play your song in. For example, you can enter “Stygia” there.
- Under the two “Bank” tabs in the editor, type “NoTiersExampleSongBank.bank“, change the “BPM” tab to your BPM value and save. Finished!
Starts the game and the right level and you can destroy the demons to the sounds of your own music!
More interesting guides on Gamez:
Visit us on Facebook and Instagram and discuss your favorite games with us!