This will give you more building instructions, including one more stable fishing rod by upgrading the wobbly rod. Iron ore is required for this, which you knock out of stones with a shovel. The new rod lasts longer, but does not ensure better fishing results.
How does fishing work?
- Look into a body of water and look for fish-shaped shadows.
- Cast the rod with the A button so that the swimmer lands in front of the fish.
- As soon as the fish discovers the swimmer, it approaches it and carefully nibbles on the hook.
- When it bites, it pulls the swimmer under the water. While nibbling only makes a quiet noise, biting is signaled with a much louder noise. So listen carefully!
- At the moment you bite, press the A button again to pull the fish ashore.
Where can I catch fish in Animal Crossing?
You can fish anywhere there is water. Both on the river, as well as on the sea or even on a pond. Anywhere you shadow of a fish see, you can cast your fishing rod. Besides the obvious fishing spots, you can also fish at the jetty, waterfall and estuaries to catch specific species of fish that are only found there.
List of all fish: localities & prices
All in all 80 fish you can catch in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch (buy now at MediaMarkt!). In order to fill the Faunapedia with all the fish, you have to fish at different times of the year and at different times of the day. The size of the fish can be seen beforehand from the size of the shadow. Big fish bring more money than small fish.