With the DualSense Edge, Sony is launching an improved controller. In the following we will tell you all the functions of the gamepad and everything else you need to know about the wireless controller.
This is what the DualSense Edge Wireless Controller looks like from the front. (Image source: Sony PlayStation)
During the opening night of Gamescom 2022, Sony announced the new DualSense Edge wireless controller. You can think of the new controller as a kind of pro controller, similar to the SCUF controller or the aim controller.
Features of the PS5 DualSense Edge Controller
The main purpose of the controller is to allow you to customize your PS5 controller more to suit your play style. For example, you can create custom controls.
The DualSense Edge Wireless Controller has software and hardware based customization options, with which you can personalize your controller. In addition to the well-known functions of the “normal” DualSense controller, the Edge Controller also has the following “pro functions”:
- Interchangeable embroidery caps: You can choose between 3 types of interchangeable embroidery caps (standard, high round cap and low round cap).
- Interchangeable back keys: The two interchangeable back keys (semicircular and lever back) can be configured to act as any key input.
- Interchangeable embroidery modules: Each individual embroidery module can be completely replaced (you can purchase replacement embroidery modules separately).
PSN Balance | 50 EUR | German account | PS5/PS4 Download Code
The price may be higher now. Price as of 8/28/2022 8:53 p.m
- Customizable controls: You can remap or disable certain button inputs, adjust the sensitivity of the sticks, and set the “dead zone” (the distance your analog stick travels before it’s recognized in a game). Each trigger can also be adjusted using options to set the distance and its “dead zones” individually according to your wishes.
- Storage of several control element profiles: Once you’ve found your perfect settings for your controls, you can save them to specific profiles and quickly switch between them.
- Controller-specific user interface: The new Fn button on the Edge Controller allows you to customize your setup while keeping your focus on the game. Quickly switch between preset profiles for controls, adjust game and chat volume, and access the controller’s “Profile Settings” menu.
On the back you can already see some of the additional features. (Image source: Sony PlayStation)
PS5 DualSense Edge – Release & Cost
So far there is no official release date for the DualSense Edge Controller. Sony has changed as well not yet at the price of the controller voiced. But you can assume that the Edge Controller will be more expensive than the normal DualSense.
At the moment it is only certain that in scope of delivery a protective case, a braided USB Type-C cable, embroidery caps and back button sets.
As soon as we have new information about the release and the price, we will update the article. Incidentally, Sony has released a short trailer for the DualSense Edge Wireless Controller:
PS5 DualSense Edge Wireless Controller Reveal Trailer
You don’t want to miss any more news, guides and tests for new games? Always want to know what’s happening in the gaming community? Then follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Flipboard or Google News.