In this World of Warcraft Classic Paladin Guide you experience:
- How the Paladin works
- What specialization do you use to level?
- How to play it most effectively
You hate the light and would rather play a knight who brings death, disease and ruin to his enemies? Then check out our Death Knight level guide.
Which specialization is suitable for leveling the paladin?
Armed with his faith and thick armor, he is Paladin one of the hybrid classes in World of Warcraft. That means he can take on any role in a group: with a sword and shield he becomes a tank, he focuses on his holy magic, he becomes a healer and with a huge two-handed weapon he becomes a damage dealer.
Since you have to destroy a lot of enemies during leveling, you play with a two-handed weapon and the Vengeance specialization. This will cause you to deal huge amounts of damage in a very short amount of time.
Strong: A paladin hardly needs a break because he has different has healing spells in his repertoire and possesses abilities that restore his mana. This makes the level phase with the paladin very pleasant.
What resources and buffs does the Holy Knight use?
With your paladin you use Mana as a basic resource – almost all your spells and attacks cost the blue juice. Luckily, the paladin has various abilities to restore mana even during combat, such as the Seal of Wisdom.
In addition, the paladin has seals. The seals are Buffs that increase your auto attacks and which you can trigger again with your Judgment spell. For example, you use the “Seal of Command” while leveling, which allows your attacks to cause additional Holy damage, which is distributed to other enemies. If you cast Judgment while Seal of Command is active, you’ll once again deal a large chunk of Holy damage to your opponent.
as passive ability possesses the holy knight auras. These strengthen you and your group members in various ways. For example, the “Aura of Devotion” increases armor.
What are the Paladin’s main and secondary attributes?
As a paladin you use – like the death knight (guide) and warrior (guide) – Strength as the main attribute. This will make you hit harder. In addition, you focus on endurance, with which you increase your life point pool.
In order to increase your damage even further, you mainly collect as a secondary attribute hit rating and critical hit rating. The former lets you miss fewer attacks, the latter increases your chance of dealing critical hits. Your attribute priority while leveling looks like this:
Strength > hit rating > critical hit rating > pace rating
Armor and Weapons of the Holy Knight
The paladin used before Level 40 heavy armor and then plate armor, which increases his stamina even further. To do this, you always use a two-handed weapon during your level phase – whether it’s an axe, sword or mace.
The Retribution Paladin talent tree
Invest enough points in the Vengeance talent tree as soon as possible to “Crusader Strike” and “Divine Storm” unlock. Your talent selection looks like this:
the Retribution Key Talents:
|Seal of Command||Your melee attacks deal additional Holy damage to up to three targets.|
|striving for justice||Increases your speed and reduces the duration of disarm effects.|
|The Art of War||Increases the damage of Judgment, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm. You can also cast Flash of Light or Exorcism as an instant after a critical hit.|
|Crusader Strike||Attack your opponent immediately.|
|Divine Storm||Deals damage to up to four enemies and heals party members within range.|
Which glyphs should I use?
You use the following major and minor glyphs while leveling:
- Glyph of Avenging Wrath: While Avenging Wrath is active, the cooldown of Hammer of Wrath is reduced by 50 percent.
- Glyph of Judgment: Your judgments deal 10 percent more damage.
- Seal of Righteousness Glyph: Increases damage dealt by Seal of Righteousness by 10 percent.
- Glyph of Blessing of Power: Increases the duration of Blessing of Power by 20 minutes when cast on yourself.
- Glyph of the Lay on of Hands: Decreases the cooldown of Lay on Hands by 5 minutes.
- Glyph of Blessings of Kings: Reduces the mana cost of Blessing of Kings and Greater Blessing of Kings by 50 percent.
How do I play the Vengeance Paladin?
The paladin has to Few active skills early in his journeythat you have to take care of. Only in the course of leveling you get more attacks and additional skills. Your full rotation or priority list looks like this:
- hold your”blessing of power” active on you so that you cause more damage
- Uses “Seal of Command” or “Seal of Righteousness” and keep them active. Signet of Command is good for fights with many opponents, Signet of Righteousness for attacks on single opponents.
- Uses “consecration” with more than one opponent.
- use your”verdict” on cooldown.
- grabs with”Crusader Strike” as soon as he is ready.
- Used “Divine Storm‘ as soon as he’s ready.
Paladin leveling tips
Always use a quick healing spell between your fights to patch yourself up and start the next encounter right away. If your mana is low, you can Use “Seal of Wisdom” and “Blessing of Wisdom”.to regenerate it quickly.
If you lose a fight activate “God Shield” and get on your feet. If you are in an area where too many enemies are lurking, you can use your hearthstone and escape to your home location while Divine Shield is active.
More guides to WoW Classic:
Visit us Facebook and Instagram and discuss your favorite games with us.